Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cayce's Day

Due to the Navy and their knack for ruining Hallmark holidays Cayce won't be able to celebrate Father's Day with us tomorrow.  So in order to enjoy the special day we spent the day devoted to Cayce.... with a little bit o' Lily spoiling thrown in (of course). 

Cayce had to work this morning.  A baptism was held in the ship's chapel.  Lily and I went with Cayce.  I've never been on the Wasp.  When Cayce was on the Gettysburg in FL I spent lots of time on the ship.  Just about every duty day (once a week) I made my way to the ship, and we usually ate dinner together on board.  For those not in the know "duty" means 24 hours of fun spent on the ship.  No lunch off the boat, no bath time with Lily, no sleeping in a comfy bed, no privacy, and no peace and quiet.  24 hours of "work."  Cayce does this every week.  Anyseaduty.  Since this time around it's not just me I have to worry about going on a big ol' ship, and a baby takes a lot more effort and planning we haven't made it on.  Today was the day.  On we went.  It was awesome.  I took as many pictures as I could OPSEC (operational security) permitting.  Fun thing about that.  I didn't lug my camera on board.  Instead I used my iPod.  The pictures are grainy, but they get the point across. To see them just follow this link!  facebook album


On the ship Lily gave Cayce his gift from her: a gift certificate for a car detailing.  Once we finished with our tour we headed to Cayce's gift from me.  He didn't know where we were going or what we were doing.  Fun fact: Cayce's severely directionally challenged and couldn't find his way out of a paper bag.  I could have been taking the back roads home and he would have been clueless.  Anymapquest.  We drove to Town Center to Dick's Sporting Good's where Cayce picked out a pair of white sneakers.  His old one's looked more the shade of oatmeal (with some blue paint thrown in).  He was happy.  He'd been dropping pretty big hints.  I picked 'em up with a dump truck.   His other gifts were a fresh supply of all his necessary under garments.  All and all we had a great day.  Lily took a late nap and is still up.  She's WIRED!  Anyspeed.  Off to play with her!

1 comment: