Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chiefs Nation

For those unfamiliar with my husband there is one thing that has the potential to veer our marriage into rough waters.  No it's not another woman, no not drinking (unless you count a mean diet soda addiction), no, not even video gaming.  Cayce's sun and moon rise and set with football.  Now I could be silly and whine and complain that our Sundays for about 24 weeks out of the year (when you add in pre and post season) are permanently scheduled *game at 1:00, game at 4:00, game at 8:00* etc, or I could be a mature adult and embrace it.  I quickly learned to embrace it. (It's fun half the time anyhow) Cayce loves, Loves, LOVES the Chiefs.  LOVES.  They have a love hate relationship, and the Chiefs are more often than not (since we married) squashing his little heart and leaving him feeling empty inside.  However, Cayce takes the abuse and refuses to stray.  I have no *true* loyalty to any one team.  I'm more about who's on the team.  Love me some Payton Manning.  Ooh, and now that Tebow's on Denver I quietly cheer for them...*clears throat* him.   I tend to support Oklahoma State players who land themselves in the NFL... often curse the OU players (unless you're Adrian Peterson... such a sweetie), but you get the idea.  I wasn't born and bred to love or hate a team, so I go with the flow.  However, in support of Cayce I wear the Chiefs' gear, and this season has been particularly fun now that we have the human doll known as Lily to gussy up for game days.  We like to go to a local watering hole, The Office, to watch the games.  For some reason *rolls eyes* Chiefs game are rarely the nationally televised game.  Anywho, I don't complain I get to dress up Lily and have adult conversation with other people.  Win win for me!  Are there any pictures of Lily in her gear you ask.  Why, of course there are!  Please do enjoy!

Dressed up in her NEW CAR SEAT Cayce's dad purchased for Lily (we now have one for each car!) ready for the game!

Playing with the settings on the new camera Cayce's dad gave us

Daddy in a good mood... currently winning.

Let's get the show on the road Dad!

Go Chiefs!

I promise there is Chiefs gear under there.  We were chased out onto the patio due to some super annoying screaming kids and a cranky baby wanting to sleep.  Yes, I understand how ridiculous it is to complain about Lily not being able to sleep from the noise in a bar, but she can sleep through the normal noise, but not screeching toddlers!

See.  She fell asleep sitting up in Cayce's arms the following week.  Unfortunately Daddy's in bad mood b/c the Chiefs were losing... they lost.

Cuddle baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment