Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

O Christmas Tree

     I was almost convinced by Cayce not to put up a tree this year.  Unfortunately for him while I was cleaning out the storage shed I came across the perfect first Christmas inspiration.  In one of the gabillion Christmas decoration boxes I had not gone through since we moved I found an entire box full of Hallmark Rocking Horse ornaments.  Cayce's Grandma Dib purchased a rocking horse ornament from Hallmark each year for Cayce.  Also in the box I came across a box for an old school instamatic 35 mm camera.  A camera wasn't hiding in the box, but a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament from 1983 was.  It was Cayce's.  So finding all these items lead me to believe a tree must be had.  We had already purchased Lily's 1st Christmas ornament from Hallmark, but were only intending to share it with the family trees at home.  Now we have a place in our own home to hang Lily's ornament.  I like to do theme trees.  I've done nature themed, Americana themed, white themed, etc.  This year I decided what better for a baby's 1st Christmas than a super colorful tree.  Our tree is covered in the rocking horses, multicolored miniature lights, multicolored C7's, candy cane lights, and multicolored garland.  Lily has rolled over under it several times purely for inspection purposes, but everything is too high out of her reach.  I like to think she's enjoying it just as much as me!

Lily's 1st Christmas ornament.

Cayce's 1st Christmas ornament.

One of Grandma Dib's Hallmark rocking horse's.

My favorite!  Bubble lights!

Lily's 1st Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment