Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Eleven Months and Lovin' It

Lily's 11 months old today!  One more month of babyville, and then she's a big girl.  :-(  We celebrated with a trip yesterday to Mt. Trashmore.  Lily's first ever real trip to a park.  She had a blast!  She ate dirt, ate grass, tried to eat pea-gravel, and scared an incessant flock of seagulls.  She even got some bird poo on her too.  I had to check myself the first time she put a fist full of dirt in her mouth.  I ran to her, and pulled her hand out.  Then I grabbed a graham cracker.  Giving it to her I had to remind myself babies eat dirt.  I can't be that parent.  Luckily she didn't try it again so I didn't have to test my "laid back" approach.  I probably would have failed. 

We stayed for a couple hours with some other mommies.  Lily got to play and enjoy the sunshine, and I got to enjoy grown-up conversation.  Oh, and enjoyed or not, the unsolicited advice of some random dad telling me I need to start making her walk, Lily's using the wrong nipple on her bottle for spit-up control (I can count on one hand how many times she has spit up.), and I need to transition her to a sippy cup.  Wow, that was a lot for one man to insult the parenting of someone he's never met.  I did get a compliment from my friend that I was very nice for not telling him what's what.  Eh, I figured he's probably pretty lonely and may not get validated on his parenting at home, and was trying assert himself.  Whatever, I'll probably never see him again.  He doesn't need to know we are working with Lily walking, she doesn't have spit up issues, and I'm actually trying to skip the sippy all together and she's learning to drink from a straw.  But, whatever.  The experience did not detract from the fun we had.  Clearly someone enjoys the out of doors.

That's bird poo on her right leg... eww.

Can we go back tomorrow?
 We worked on her 11 month portrait this morning.  Before that though, let me show you her 9 month.  There's a big difference between 9 and 11. 




We really struggled with the picture this morning.  Lily was having just too much fun, and refused to sit still.  Her buddy was not helping the situation at all.  No matter how many times I shooed Choco away she found herself right back with Lily.  See her sneaking into the frame?



I'm totally done sitting here.  "Hey there puppy."

"Hey, I'm talking to you."

"Mom, what's her deal?"
 Okay, new tactic.  Maybe I can control the situation better if we try standing for the picture.


"Hi!"

"OMG.  I'm still standing!"

"Hey, what's out that window behind you?"

"I'm sliding here!"

"Okay Lily we're done.  Let's go watch Top Chef with Elmo."  "YAY!!" 
 Now that we're counting down I really have to decide if I want to do a party or not.  That's a thought for later.  Now Lily and I have to get ready to head to BabyGarten at the library!  Yay for reading!

2 comments:

  1. What an obnoxious, unwanted (and un-needed) advice-giving guy! UGH. Lily is so cute and sounds like she's doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just so cute! And what a tolerant puppy she's got. :)

    ReplyDelete