Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Two Week Wait = Eleventy Billion Year Wait

We are officially half-way through with our two week wait following our IUI, Saturday the 9th. The procedure itself was simple, quick, and painless.  Lily and Cayce were in the doctor's office with me, so if we conceive we have the distinct pleasure of saying our child was there for the conception of her sibling without fear of a referral to child welfare ;-).  Since it was a Saturday we were seen at Labor and Delivery, rather than having my regular awesome-sauce RE do the procedure.  Of course even if she did work weekends she probably wouldn't have been able to be there because she was literally about to pop and her NLT date was that Sunday.  God bless the woman for continuing to take care of her patients at almost 42 weeks pregnant. :D When she told me I would have to go to L&D for the IUI she apologized to me. I told her it was no biggie, and she said she just didn't like having to send her non-pregnant clients there in case it was sad for them to see the new babies and mothers and fathers.  I totally didn't even think about that aspect at all.  Eh.  Whatevs.  But I appreciated her concern for my emotional well-being.  Man I'm going to miss her while she's gone!

Anywho, I had some 23 year-old (maybe, I dunno, probably closer to 27) do the procedure.  I liked her.  She complimented me on my shoes.  One can never go wrong praising footwear.  We were in and out in less than an hour.  We then enjoyed  a nice lunch at a local restaurant that I am now forever in love with, No Frill Bar and Grill. The service was excellent, Lily was well behaved, and the Salmon club was To.Die.For. Some night when Cayce and I have a sitter we will need to return and enjoy it on an adult level. After lunch we went home.  Lily went down for her nap and I continued my quest for a ball gown.

Thankfully, I have had the never-ending shopping extravaganza for the Gator Ball to keep me busy.  On March 1 we are attending the Gator Ball here in Portsmouth.  It is for all the Khaki sailors (E7 and above and Officers) of Expeditionary Strike Group 2. If you look at that list, that is a WHOLE lot of ships and sailors.  This is a formal event, and I'm a wee bit excited.  Cayce's dress uniform includes a bow tie! That's a wee bit hilarious to me. I get to wear a gown.  The last time I wore a formal gown was for my Senior Prom. 

That's me, dead center in pink, next to Holly in the saturated blue and Val in the lighter blue.



Cayce and I eloped, so no fancy gown then, and we have yet to attend a Navy Ball.  So the Gator Ball is my chance to get gorgeous and feel like a million $$. And you know what, after being a stay-at-home mom for nearly 3 years I think I totally need a night to play princess dress-up. I spent two afternoons searching for my gown.  I finally found it at David's Bridal, of all places.  Here it is. Ooooooh I love it.  I spent three days searching for matching shoes.  I looked at 23 different stores and ended up back at David's Bridal. Here they are, in the champagne. I'm mostly finished with the shopping.  I have a couple "unmentionables" I need to purchase... note to world, an ivory mesh and tulle gown WILL show the world the color of your undies(they were red by the way), but otherwise I'm ready. I can't wait!

I'm just glad I've had this project to keep me busy.  Last cycle I was a nervous wreck.  This cycle, I can't lie and say I haven't been thinking about it, but at least I'm not insane about it.  I have been taking pregnancy tests daily, but that is to test out the HCG trigger shot I received to ovulate.  I *think* it's finally out.  This cycle and last cycle both marked the HCG out of my system 8 days after the shot.  Hopefully that doesn't foreshadow the end results of this cycle.  Blah.  Like I said I am thinking about it a lot.  I had a friend direct me to an online support group for women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome called SoulCysters.  They have a subsection all about infertility and trying to conceive... I'm on there daily lurking, looking for advice, trying to see myself in their results, and in general educating myself.  But on the shallow side I've thought about a due date (Nov 2), names (Rocco, Luca, or Daisy), how to tell Cayce if I finally get a "pregnant" pregnancy test (That's a surprise), where the baby would sleep for the first few months of his/her life (in our room, obvi, but WHERE in our room), etc.  So yeah, here I am again letting myself run away with the excitement of what could be.  Clearly I did not learn my lesson last cycle.  The day of the trigger I let my imagination run wild.  I explained to Cayce, at that moment I was not NOT pregnant so it was safe to dream and fantasize about this magic little being who could soon be a part of our wonderful family. *sigh* Anywho, we're on the back end of this cycle, and soon I can stop fretting one way or another.  Hopefully I'll soon have good news to report!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pics of you in your gorgeous gown! Also, waiting {not so} patiently for the results of the latest cycle. Holding my breath with you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any updates??? I feel like I'm going through this with you...lol

    ReplyDelete