Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Biggest Loser

Lily went to the doctor this week for her 4 month check up.  She weighs 14lbs 2 oz, 26 inches long, with a 16 inch head.  For height the girl is in the 95%, weight 50%, and head between 25 and 50%.  However, the weight for length percentile is a paltry 5%.  That seems crazy.  Lily's chubby looking, she has a couple of chins, rolly polly arms, and cellulite in her thighs.  There are times I think she's eating too much, but apparently not.  The doctor didn't seem concerned at all, and gave us a good report. 

Lily handled her shots like a champ, she barely cried this time and was easy to soothe.  Cayce and I had to decide who was going to do the soothing this time.  Cayce won and got to comfort her.  I got the pleasure of holding her head and kissing her while she was getting the shots.  She pretty much slept for the rest of the day again, and when she was awake she was fussy.  She did develop a fever in the evening.  We discovered Lily wouldn't take the cherry flavored acetaminophen this time (Who can blame her?  I can't stand anything cherry flavored).  So at 9:00 PM Cayce was at Walgreens searching for grape flavored medicine.  She slept just fine that night, but continued her needy mood the next day.  Lily's not much of a cuddler, but she was super cuddly those two days... it was actually nice.

We've been feeding Lily rice fairly consistently now for a couple weeks.  Some evenings she likes it, some nights not so much.  She was all about it last night, and for the first time ever she ate the entire serving of rice.  Dr. E told us we could move on to other stage one foods now that she's mastered the spoon.  I think this weekend I might try some yellow squash.

 Lily has taken to her crib like a champ.  She's sleeping through the night each night.  We got 10 hours the other night, but she's averaging 8 and 9 hours each night.  Of course I'm not getting that much sleep.  I've started reading in earnest again.  So I stay up reading for a couple of hours after everyone goes to sleep.  I'm sure I need the sleep, but I feel like I need that *me* time more. *shrug*


Now that we've ended all our traveling I've officially started to work off the remaining baby weight.  Cayce and I have worked out a nice arrangement.  He bathes Lily each night, and while he does that I do my Jillian Michaels' work-out DVD.  So far it's working really well.  I had my last soda yesterday.  I have a headache right now, and I'm trying to decide if it's a caffeine headache or a sinus headache.  Cayce and I have a weight loss competition going on for the next 8 weeks, so no cookies or brownies in this house for a while.  Good thing I keep the freezer stocked with Popsicles, or I may go into high fructose corn-syrup withdrawals.   


Our lives are about to get busy again.  Cayce starts coaching soccer next week, and school starts in a couple of weeks.  We've decided I'm going to work each Friday Cayce has off, just to help bring in some extra cash.  It's only two days a month, but it helps.  I'm sure the first day will be super tough, but Lily will sleep through most of my work day.  Anywho.  Picture time.



Clean baby after bath time with Daddy!


Supper just exhausted her!

I don't know who's more worn out in this picture.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMM... squash :-). That's actually one of Brianna's favorites along with peas and sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete