Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Crazy is as Crazy does

Today was a fun day.  Lily and I ventured into Savannah for some last minute DC trip preparations.  I purchased some new jeans (yay to losing more baby weight!), Lily got some more fall clothing, and I had my eyebrows threaded.  Just a little something extra to make me feel like a woman, not just a mother.  On our way home we stopped at Wal-Mart for dog food and house-sitter food.  I don't think he'd enjoy continuing my diet of Special K, salad, and bake potatoes.  Lily obviously enjoyed the trip. 













We got home just in time for supper.  Lily was enjoying her pears and peaches, and I was listening to NBC Nightly News.  Imagine my surprise to hear Brian Williams tell me to be on alert for a tropical storm headed my way.  Imagine how angry I got when I saw the projection map showing the storm heading straight up the east coast, THURSDAY.  THURSDAY.  The day Lily and I are flying up to DC.  Supposedly.  I have no idea where this storm came from.  I watch the news every morning and evening, and I've been paying attention to the tropics.  This thing is a complete shock.  I called the airline, and right now they don't have any alerts.  I'm just praying this thing dies out, and Lily and I make it safely to DC on Thursday.  I'm going a bit crazy here without Cayce.  How crazy you ask?  Lemme tell ya.

The maintenance man was here today to look at the issues with the house.  Lily and I left for Savannah when he left for supplies.  When we came home I checked the black hole on the back of the house, and sure enough it's still there looking like it hadn't even been touched.  So I decided that he hadn't returned.  I realized someone had been back to the house when I flipped the switch to turn off the attic light.  The light switch I made a mental note about earlier in the day when I turned it off after the maintenance man climbed down from the attic.  So now cue my paranoia.  Yes, I know what I'm about to type is insane, but it's me and I just deal.  I let it seep into my mind someone was waiting in the attic to pounce once Lily and me when we went to bed.  Once this thought crossed my mind there was no turning back.  I called Cayce told him about my ludicrous imaginings.  He tried to talk me down from the ledge, but I would not see reason.  In the end Cayce called Joe Ditzel at 9:00 at night, (on a Tuesday, Wednesday being a 6:15 AM PT day), and Joe kindly came out to the house crawled and bent at weird angles all over the attic ensuring there was no one hiding in the insulation.  Joe went home with some fresh made brownies for his extreme trouble.  Yes, I baked brownies at 9:30 at night. 

It's been a long day.  I had grand plans of packing once Lily went to bed tonight.  Here it is 11:00 PM, and nothing more than the six pre-made formula bottles and 11 diapers are in the carry-on bag.  Six bottles instead of three (one for lunch during the flight, and two for emergency) is also due to the slightly off kilter way my brain works.  Now I'm worried about being stranded for two days at Charlotte.  CrAZy I say!  I think I really need to reign in my worrisome nature.  Perhaps this is something I can work on in therapy.  On that note I'm going to turn off the tv, laptop, and head up to bed with the excellent book I am currently reading. 

1 comment:

  1. 2 things:

    Thing 1 -- Lily is so super cute! Don't you just LOVE this age?

    Thing 2 -- I'm glad to know there are others as paranoid as I am. When Chris travels for work, I am a mess half the time. I imagine all kinds of crazy things just like that. Although, I've never thought about someone hiding in the attic, but now I'm sure I will!

    ReplyDelete