Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 1


Lily is 6 months old today!  She's such a big girl!!  I don't know where this time has gone, but it's definitely flown by.  I can't even remember what our lives were like before we had our sweet baby girl.  I know today is a bittersweet day for Cayce.  He left for DC early early early this morning.  While he is excited to go to this school he will miss his Lily girl.  He made Lily a 6th month birthday card, and left it on the dining room table for her.  She successfully threw it off the table where it landed dangerously close to the dogs' water bowl.  So far today has been just like any other day.  I'm sure to Lily it feels like Daddy's at work, and Mommy's doing the normal routine.  Even for me it feels normal.  It'll change when Cayce's not here to feed Lily her supper and bathe her.  Lily will be bathing in the kitchen sink tonight.  That will be a new adventure for both of us!  I'm actually looking forward to it.  We're all stocked up on food for Lily.  I was on a steaming/pureeing rampage yesterday.   We only have 10 days of figuring out how to operate without Cayce, but I think we can handle it.  The dogs will probably be the ones most affected by Cayce's absence.  Around 5 o'clock each evening they start pacing looking for Cayce's truck.  They'll probably spend this first night barking at every sound thinking it's their Daddy finally home.  Fun fun.  Anywho I have few new pictures to share including Lily's 6th month shot.  In honor of Cayce I dressed her up in her Kansas City Chiefs' cheer-leading outfit!

This was taken about a month ago.  We were doing a marathon shopping trip, and Lily crashed in Cayce's arms.

















I was trying to do some last minute chores before Lily and I settled in the recliner for bedtime.  She was not thrilled at the delay in her bedtime.














Lunch with Daddy!




We know who ranks highest in this family!  Meet Chief Mautino!  (Wearing Chief Bru's cover [Cayce's boss])









Disclaimer:  Lily really enjoyed her photo shoot today, so there were many good pictures of her, and I couldn't decide which was best.  Therefore, there's pictures a plenty!








In my opinion this one is the best, but it was taken with my camera phone so the quality is lacking.  It looks great on the phone, and Cayce was able to enjoy seeing his princess all gussied up for game day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment